Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Modern Simplicity with Chou & Flowers


 Hi friends! Colleen here today sharing two modern and simple cards using Chou & Flowers Plants in Circles stamp and Esprit Cottage A4 sized patterned vellum paper (links to supplies are listed below)! Both cards use layers of the vellum paper as a background. The patterned paper is coordinated to work together and makes a lovely, clean lined background! 

Let's start with how I made the first card on the left in the photo above!


Step 1 was to choose two sheets of vellum to layer together onto a white card base. White card base works best for this type of paper because it shows up nicely. If you look closely in the photo below, the layers are leaves and confetti in brown and black. Aren't they lovely together? Now, with vellum, you have to be careful with the type of adhesive used so it doesn't show through. I used dotliner tape just on the corners. It's a really light tape and the patterns are also busy enough that you can't see the adhesive. Next, I trimmed the background panel down along with a piece of black cardstock, adhered both layers together and then placed it onto a white 5.5x4.25 card base. I love the modern clean lines of black and white with that sleek design from the patterned paper! 


Next, it was time to work on my focal point. Using Chou & Flowers Plants in Circles stamp set, I stamped the 3 encircled leaves in black onto a white card panel and colored the leaves with my alcohol markers. Next, I die cut the 3 circles along with a black circle slightly larger. Then I adhered them together. I placed the circles where I wanted them over the background and then stamped the lovely European sentiments next to each one. I finished with silver embellishments and glossy accents over the leaves for a bit of shine! I just LOVE how modern and sleek this card looks, which is easy to do with Chou & Flowers! 

Next up, my 2nd card on the right in my original photo above. 


This was so fun to make! I started by creating the background in the same way that I did with card #1. Then I worked on my focal point, which was the flowers and leaves from the Plants in Circles stamp set! I stamped the flower 3 times and the leaves twice and then colored everything with my alcohol markers. I fussy cut all of it (I'm getting good at fussy cutting!). When that was finished, I decided to create a bouquet of flowers by creating a lovely paper bag to wrap the flowers up! I did that by die cutting one of the vellum sheets with brown dots using the Scribble Hearts die by Paper Rose and then folded the heart in half until it looked like a paper bag with a pointed end for the flowers to rest! I tucked the flowers and leaves inside the bag and added one of the sentiments from the stamp set to the left of it. I also added gold sequins to the flowers and an abstract stamp from the stamp set going from the leaves to the sentiment. I thought that added movement and draws the eye to that lovely sentiment. Below you can see a close up of all the detail! 


These cards are simple and modern because of the use of black and white along with clean lines. That's a refreshing change of pace for a card! Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES USED:

Plant in Circles stamp by Chou & Flowers 


Esprit Cottage A4 Papers by Chou & Flowers 


Scribbled Hearts 1 Die by Paper Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10