Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Spring Smiles Mixed Media Card

 

Hi friends! I'm excited to share a fun springtime mixed media card using all kinds of products from the Topflight shop! I just love to grab a bunch of mixed media elements and see what happens with my creativity! It's the most relaxing way for me to make a card because mixed media is very forgiving! 

For this card, I started with the background. I wanted to create an interesting yet subtle backdrop to the flower in the photo above. Utilizing a gelli plate, Ronds texxture plate by Carabelle Studios, and Zucchini acrylic paint by Fresco, I created a delightful and interesting background! Then I used the texture plate as a stamp to create another background. I trimmed and layered both backgrounds using my deckled edge paper trimmer and adhered them over a black frame. Then I adhered all of the layers onto a kraft 5.5x4.25 card base. 


Next it was time to work on my focal point - the beautiful flower from Daisy Grunge and the butterfly from Wings of Change, both by Visible Image. These are really awesome mixed media stamps! I stamped both with black ink and fussy cut them out. Next, I added Prism Glimmer Spray in Violet Ash and then splattered Lavinia Acrylic spray in Teal over the top I also added a bit of metallic gold paint. Then I die cut Fern Leaves from Craft Emotions and sprayed those with Glimmer paint as well. I used the same paints to splatter my background panel. Splatters are a great technique to bring interest and detail to your cards! 

Once everything was dry, I placed the pieces over my background panel and finished with the Smile sentiment and a few gold sequins. 


This card was very easy to create, and it was so enjoyable to just sit and play with all the mixed media pieces! Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES USED:




























No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10