Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Collage Stamping with AALL & Create

 


Hi friends! I just love to use collage elements on my mixed media cards! if you're not familiar with collages in the stamping world, they are a mixed media style composed of several design elements, all in one stamp. Some crafters like to create their own collage using design elements from several stamps, and this is the same concept. But collage stamps make it SO easy to create a beautiful mixed media piece because they've done the work for you! You don't have to figure out where to place images or if your design will get too busy. All the work is done for you!!! Below is an example using one of my products for today by AALL & Create, called Through the Meadows:


This is a HUGE stamp and each one of the collages (3 in all) will fit an A2 sized card panel! If you look carefully at the images above, you will see all the various individual design elements that are coordinated into one stamp. Amazing, right?  I admire anyone that can do this technique! 

Now let me show you how I used one of the collage stamps from the stamp above for my card! 


First step was to stamp one of the images onto an A2 (5.5x4.25) white card panel. To keep things interesting, I stamped the image about 4 times using Lavinia dye inks in Lime Punch, Greensleeves, and Violet Chalk. I love the depth of color that brought my image to 3d! Next, I stamped the butterfly from the same set on another piece of cardstock in the same way but also added WOW! Weathered Gold embossing powder to a few places. Then I fussy cut it out and placed it over the other butterfly using foam tape to add dimension. Finally, I trimmed the edge of the card panel using my deckled paper trimmer and then ink blended around the edges with Violet Chalk. Ink blending around the edges seems to bring the entire design together! 


I stamped a few sentiments from this set and the Darkroom Door Sympathy set using Violet Chalk ink, ink blended the edges, and placed them around the butterfly to help frame it. Then I added a few more elements from the collage image using Wow Weathered Gold embossing powder. I stamped a few elements using just the edge of the stamp and then added my embossing powder. So here is another way to use these stamps! Also, I love the shine and texture that embossing powder brings to a mixed media card! I finished by adhering the card panel over a gold 5.5x4.25 card base.  This card took me perhaps an hour from start to finish, and there is SO MUCH detail to it that I really didn't need to add much to complete the look! 



Topflight Stamps has a variety of collage stamps in their shop, so next time you're there, google collage stamps and see what pops up! You'll love working with them! Thanks for stopping by! 

SUPPLIES USED:
 













No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10