Friday, March 17, 2023

Darkroom Door Junk Journal Page

 

Hello crafty friends! Ericka from Strangely Creative here and today I am playing in my junk journal. What is a junk journal you may ask? Well, for me its an old magazine I received in the mail, so you could say it's my way of recycling lol. I love playing in my junk journal because I get to experiment and play with color without it worrying about messing up a pretty journal.

I started out by laying out some Studio Light Acrylics from the Intense set on my gesso-ed page. These colors are super bright and I used the sky, royal, and kissy colors. I then added Lavinia Sun Yellow Acrylic spray to the middle of my layout. I added another layer by stamping the Darkroom Door stamps from the set Grunge Marks and You Are Everything. I also used the Diamonds and Honeycomb stencils for additional textures. 

 

While my layout was drying, I stamped the Darkroom Door Sunflowers and Warm Wishes and colored them up using the Spectrum Noir Watercolor Markers. I added some fun to the sunflowers with WOW! Embossing highlights using Pure Platinum embossing powder.

 I fussy cut out my flowers and then added them to my pages. I used a stamped the sentiments from both of the sets and also added them to my layout.

To finish my page, I added a little white gel pen scribble to the sides to lighten up the dark edge.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 


Topflight Stamp Supplies Used









No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10