Monday, March 13, 2023

A very exclusive place - Art journal page

Hello all MEL PILLING  here today to show you this secret gardenscape featuring LAVINIA STAMPS , and a little bit from KATZELKRAFT STAMPS.



I began by brayering with  ELEMENTS INKS  onto a 12 x 12“  Gelli plate in a curve.  The top was done in  DELLA BLUE and  BLUE LAGOON .  At the bottom I used.      LIME PUNCH and  PINE .   I then splattered the Gelli plate with water using a FAN BRUSH .  I then took a print with mixed media card.  I used a paintbrush to lift some grass blades at the top of the hills. 

  I stamped all the characters in VERSAFINE CLAIR INK in NOCTURNE  and  FALLEN LEAVES  for the trees and hedgehogs.   I altered the tree trunks a little for composition, freehand.  Then I used a paintbrush to dab on the leaves, using watered down elements inks on my craft mat in  CONFETTI ,  EMPEROR RED,  MERLOT ,  MULBERRY  and  VIOLET CHALK . 

  I stamped the top of the Secret Garden sign on Wood grain paper.  Once the hedgehogs were stamped in fallen leaves,  I hi-lighted the spines with white gel and black pen. I shadowed all the characters with gray and green, watercolour markers.  I used a mask to overlap the mushrooms on the right, stamping the one in the front first, then stamping the second one over the  MASKING PAPER . 


LAVINIA STAMPS USED

EVERLEE


..
.


WALLACE FAMILY




.


.

GATE AND FENCE


.



SACRED TREE


KATZELKRAFT STAMPS USED




Sometimes an art journal page can be a little more work than a card, due to the increased size,
 but I find the creative process to be so peaceful and relaxing. 
 If you haven’t done one yet, you might want to give it a try. 
 Thanks for visiting the Topflight Stamps blog. See you soon.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10