Monday, March 27, 2023

TAG ART - Rescue Mission

 Hi  Mel Pilling  here today with an art tag tutorial featuring the Katzelkraft bugs and insects - set and the Dark room door bottles. These tags can be kept on a loose binder ring as a small art journal.


For this art tag, I did a quick, watercolour background wash with a paintbrush, using watered down Elements ink pads on my craft surface in  BLUE LAGOON and  TRUFFLE .  Once dry, I stamped the bottles in VERSAFINE CLAIR INK in MORNING MIST.  You don’t need to mask here as you want to “see” through the glass.  I darkened the edges of the bottles with a fine black pen. Do not darken any areas that would be showing through another bottle. This gives you depth.  I drew in the corks freehand. I ran some pale blue and grey lines to colour the glass.  

 I stamped all the bugs directly onto the project in   VERSAFINE CLAIR - NOCTURNE , then again, onto clean mixed media card. I water-coloured them, then fussy cut and glued them over the stamped images on the project.  By doing this, you don’t have to cut around all the details like legs and eyes, as they already appear on the project.  TIP: I always darken the edges of my fussy cuts from behind with a dark marker. It makes your fussy cuts look perfect. 


STAMP SETS USED





 Topflight stamps carries many beautiful sets to create these comical tags. Have fun with it, and happy stamping. Thank you for joining us today. See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10