Saturday, March 25, 2023

Piggy Get Together - Bookmark

 Hi everyone, MEL PILLING here with a masking technique. Today’s project is a bookmark.  I love doing bookmarks.  It is a quick but welcome gift for the avid readers in your life.  I am using the lovely PINK INK DESIGNS guinea wig set.


'


I began by stamping the lower guinea pig in VERSAFINE CLAIR INK  in NOCTURNE .   I then made a mask for him, placed it over the top and stamped the upper left piggy.  I then made a mask for the second piggy.  I installed both masks, then stamped the upper right piggy.  I then made a mask for that third piggy.  For this job I used MASKING SHEETS .  

Once all three guinea pigs were masked,  I used a   STENCIL BRUSH and a hill mask made with torn paper using  ELEMENTS INK   in  LIME PUNCH,  PINE  and OLIVE.   I brushed in the hills, then used the hill mask to block the hills so that I could do the sky.  I did the sun using elements ink in SUNDANCE . I used light circular motions with a stencil brush for the sun, then I used DELLA BLUE and BLUE LAGOON  to lightly stencil in the sky.  Choppy movements here create a cloud effect.  

I removed all the masks and coloured in the guinea pigs with watercolour markers.   I covered the project with acetate to preserve the watercolour ink when the bookmark is being used.  I then added assorted ribbons to decorate and a small brad at the bottom to keep the acetate in place.   I moved this acetate so I could get a clear picture to show you, but the brad holds it in place at the end.

STAMPS USED



I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial on masking.  Thanks for checking out the Topflight Stamps blog. I’ll see you guys soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10