Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Love is in the Air!

 Greetings! It's Tuesday so you've got Kathi here to share a project with you! This week my TFS teammates and I are getting ready for Valentine's Day. I combined this challenge with AALL and Create's Polaroid Pop Challenge, which is to create tpolaroid cards showcasing Janet Klein's wonderful stamps. There's a theme for each day of January and almost two months to complete them all! Since there was not a "love/Valentine's Day" category, I decided to go with Day 2's Thing with Wings Theme. 

I used the girl from the Cat Lover Clear Stamp Set 256 and added the wings from the Wish Clear Stamp Set 360 to make her a fairy. I had her standing in a field of hearts using the pile of hearts stamp from the Lil Love Clear Stamp Set 481. Cascading hearts from the Love Birds Clear Stamp Set 155 by Olga Heldwein to the sky.

Here's my polaroid. #polaroidpopschallengeday2


The girl from the Cat Lover Clear Stamp Set 256 and the pile of hearts from the Lil Love Clear Stamp Set 481 were stamped onto white cardstock and onto removable masking paper that was fussy-cut and used to mask the images. The pile of hearts was stamped onto label paper three or four more times and fussy-cut, so that I could create a field of hearts for my girl. 

Once all the images were masked, Periwinkle Prism Ink was lightly brushed over the the masked images until I was happy with the coverage. I always like a tinge of pink to my sky, so I brushed on Pink Jellybean Prism Ink over the light blue. When I was happy with the coverage, I used Pink Jellybean Prism Ink to randomly stamp the cascading hearts from the Love Birds Clear Stamp Set 155 around the the girl. 

It was at this point that I realized that there wasn't a love or Valentine's Day theme in the Polaroid Pops Challenges, so I stamped the wings from the Wish Clear Stamp Set 360 on either side of the girl.

The masks were lifted and reserved for later use. The girl and the hearts were colored with Copic markers and Stardust Glitter pens were used to add glitter to the wings.

The image panel was trimmed to 3" square and adhered to a 3.5" x 4" piece of white cardstock.

Please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for more detailed instructions and complete supply lists.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10