Saturday, January 22, 2022

AALL & Create Tracy Evans Penguin Mixed Media Tag & Card

 

Happy winter friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share some fun mixed media projects featuring the fun new penguin stamp set by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create (#604).  I couldn't wait to have a play with these stamps!  I ended up making a tag/card combo because I just couldn't stop with one project. 

I used texture paste through the Mosaic stencil (#54) onto watercolor paper and while the paste was wet sprinkled the top with Sleight Blue Infusions powder by PaperArtsy.  I sprayed and sprayed with water to let the color run through the texture pattern and then let it dry completely.  In the end I liked the darker portion at the bottom, so I cut up the 6x6 panel and mounted it onto a tag, making a mini tag from the cast off, on which I stamped the tiny text in the set, so cute! 

I used a very old Sizzix die to cut the snowflake from thin chipboard, then covered the entire piece with more texture paste for a snowy effect.  I added some silk ribbon and a mounted sentiment sticker to finish it off. 

Next, I played around with the paper I used to mop up the inks from the Infusions drips.  

I used the Brrr stamp to add subtle contrast in the background (Iced Spruce DOX) then used the extra paper to tear snowy hills.  I scraped texture paste on the tops and sprinkled with holographic embossing powder and heat set to add some shimmer.  I gave everything a splash of Bronze Glimmer Mist and added another sentiment.  This time I added a little watercolor detail to the penguins for a color pop.  I'd like thank my teammate Kathi for sharing this fabulous textured paper with me, which made the perfect mat for this colorway.  :)

I hope these projects have inspired you on this winter's day!  xx, Autumn

Grab your Mixed Media supplies at Topflight Stamps today!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10