Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Imitation is the highest form of flattery - Visible Image


What draws you to something? The color? Texture? For me, it is color and whimsy. When I first saw this stamp set from Visible Image, I knew I wanted to recreate the packaging. I wondered how I could replicate the color and free-flowing feeling. See how I recreated this page below.
( I hope they don't mind!)


 


I found these Stabilo Woody pencils on Amazon (in the children's section) and used them in my journal and here, on watercolor paper. I mimicked the colors from the packaging but played with a variation of colors.
.

Add water with a brush, but make sure to wash your brush in between colors to prevent making mud


So the colors were too bright and filled the whole page. Add white gesso with a brush to mute the page a bit. 


Add drops of watercolor for that spotty look.


Stamp the butterflies with Versafine Onyx black ink and then clear heat emboss with WOW Clear Gloss embossing powder. This will prevent smearing.


Stamp the matching butterflies on white heavy cardstock and fussy cut them all. Glue them on with liquid glue. 
Add washi tape in layers and add your sentiments. You can even add some more color for more contrast. 


I used modeling paste and a stencil for added texture on the page.
 

Isn't this so cool?



Thank you for stopping by and remember to check out the whole team's Visible Image stamp projects on the blog!

Charmaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10