Friday, July 22, 2022

PaperArtsy Mixed Media Zine

 

Hello craft friends! Ericka from Strangely Creative here and I've been having fun learning some "new to me" Mixed Media techniques. My latest adventure is something called a zine. The definition of a zine is "a self-published, non-commercial print-work that is typically produced in small, limited batches." I choose not to follow the last step which is actually publishing my work, but I love these small fun books created from one piece of paper. 

 


 I started with one piece of 8x12 Mixed Media paper and sprayed the Lavinia Acrylics sprays around my paper. I also added some crayon pencil randomly around the paper.

 

 
After my paper was dry, I used the PaperArtsy Tracy Scott 23 & 34 and stamped them randomly on my page. I colored some of the stamped images as well as added marks around the paper.
 
 
Once I was happy with the way it looked I folded my paper in order to make a book. (Check out Instagram stories for the demo. )

 

I added some fine scraps and collage pieces I had in my stash to complete my colorful booklet. I also had some extra PaperArtsy JOFY 112 images colored up and and added them to pages.

 
 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to play and create something fun.


Topflight Stamp Supplies Used


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10